Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Idea

In my last post I mentioned that I was developing something. And I was purposefully vague.

I would like to share my idea with you now, as I am about to purchase stuff to make it and need to know if the demand is actually there.

So this will be a general test among my friends, family, and 3Women followers.

I am developing a diaper rash spray made from all natural-organic-herbal ingredients.  I am tired of thinking "I should really do it" and of course I never did.  I have wanted to do this since I had my first son, then realized a deeper need for it with my second son. 

Do you hate having a pharmacy in your diaper bag of 10 different types of rash creams?  I definitely did.  And I realized that rash creams made my boys' rashes worse.  It took a while to figure out why : zinc oxide allergy.  Both my boys were sensitive to zinc oxide and all rash creams have a large portion of it in them.  I saw one brand as high as 15%!!


Do you hate having to rub on super thick creams onto your baby's sensitive and sore bottom? Now you can spray it and leave it!


So, Whadda ya think??  My rash spray will not sting, and it will not need you to touch your baby's sore bottom.


Please let me know your feedback in any way!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I think your concept for a diaper rash spray is a great idea. I don't follow the natural/organic advancements, so I don't know if your combination of herbs etc is novel or whether you are just taking an existing mixture and applying it to a new target. There is nothing wrong with that for sure!

Here's my big but: I don't think I would let that spray near my baby's bottom, and here's my reason. What is organic/natural is not necessarily safe. I would need you to provide data that says each of the ingredients is safe for application to the skin, and whether the mixture of the chemicals (because that's what the active ingredients are) have negative interactions when mixed.

Before you go whole hog into production, make sure you do your research on the ingredients, their chemicals etc.

And then test on adults first, then volunteer children, and then babies if you can find parents will to put an unknown entity on their baby's private region.

Unknown said...

I understand your concerns about chemicals, that is why I am making this product without them...i am using essential oils and natural oils all deriving from plants.

It is oil of the plant from which they were extracted.

Essential oils are generally extracted by distillation. Other processes include expression, or solvent extraction. I will not be using the solvent extraction method products and will not use them if they are shown to be blended already with other oils. (Some will be in cocnut oil for example at a rate of 10 or 15%....i will use 100% pure essential oils and will use only products that are safe for use on skin and hypo-allergenic. I hope this clears up some of your concerns that I may not be researching this properly. I have been for a few years now. I do appreciate the point of view though as I doo need to make sure.